Connect apps and integrate data with workflows using Azure Logic Apps
Implementing complex business process has been made easy. Logic Apps in azure provide a way to implement simplified scalable integrations and workflows in the cloud. It provides a flow chart designer to model and automate your process as a series of steps known as a workflow. Connectors are available across the cloud and on-premises to quickly integrate. A logic app begins with a trigger (like 'When you add a media to Instagram ') and after firing can begin many combinations of branched actions. Logic Apps is a fully managed integration Platform as a Service. Logic Apps will scale up automatically to meet demand.
Using Logic Apps we could save time designing complex processes, Implementing patterns and workflows seamlessly that would be difficult to implement in code. We could customize our own logic apps using own custom APIs and actions.
The key components of Logic Apps are as below
- Managed Connectors
- Enterprise Integration Pack
As discussed Logic apps can be used to implement business processes, here are some of the examples
- Monitor twitter and send email.
- create contact record in salesforce for every received email.
For purpose of this blog i am using a scenario to send a email for every media added to a particular Instagram account . Below the steps are elaborated on how to implement the process using Logic Apps.
1) Login to the Azure Portal.
2) Click on the "+" button and navigate to the logic app service available in Web+Mobile section.
3) Provide the Name, Subscription, resource group and location for your logicapp and click create.Pin your logicapp to dashboard if needed.
4) Click on the logic app pinned to dashboard and navigate to logic app designer in the development tools section. Choose the Blank LogicApp template
5) Provide the trigger for the process to be executed ( in my case i search for Instagram connector and select the event to be when a media is uploaded to Instagram)
6) Next i would set for how frequently i need to check for new updates on the Instagram account
7) Authenticate with your Instagram account login info. Next provide what action has to be performed if the event is triggered. In my case i choose the Microsoft Outlook connector and choose the option to send the email.
8) I will authenticate the connector with my Outlook credentials. I will fill in the email address to which the email has to be sent. the subject of the email and the body format and save it
9) Once it is saved i will click on run the trigger. If i need to check the updates manually i will click on the refresh button. I can disable the trigger by clicking on the disable button.
10) The email sent will be as below. This includes the link for the media file as this was included in the body of the message.
Thanks for reading the blog.