How to run NAV 2015 and NAV 2016 Administration tool side by side
Everyone would have installed NAV 2016 RTM and would have faced the same problem, i.e, you couldn't able to run NAV 2015 administration tool if you install NAV 2016.
One way to use the services of NAV is using powershell. But, many people might not be familiar with commands of power shell.
So, its better go first identify where the problem is and what's the solution for a problem.
The problem is mainly because of registry key. NAV 2015 and NAV 2016 is pointing to the same registry key in registry editor.
If you go to the following path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server.msc” and open Services.msc using notepad as shown below both NAV 2015 and NAV 2016 will point to same key,
There are 2 ways to fix this above problem,
- Download the registry file
- You can download the registry file here in my dropbox in the below link,
2. Or else you can follow the steps manually by exporting the registry file by searching for a key “BA484C42” in registry editor and editing the exported registry file as shown below.
a. Replace all occurrence of key “BA484C42” with “BA484C41”
b. Change the path of “C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\90\\RoleTailored Client” to “C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\80\\RoleTailored Client”
c. Modify the “Version=184.108.40.206” to “Version=220.127.116.11”
- Once you are done with any one of the above 2 steps, import the registry file into your registry editor.
- Follow the path as shown below and open the services.msc as administrator in your notepad
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server.msc
- Change the keys from BA484C42-ED9A-4bc1-925F-23E64E686FCE to BA484C41-ED9A-4bc1-925F-23E64E686FCE as shown in the fig. below.
After the changes are updated for all occurrence of key you can save the file and now you can run NAV 2015 and NAV 2016 administration tool side by side as shown in below fig.