TFS to Azure DevOps (VSTS Earlier) Migration
Ever since Azure DevOps (Earlier Visual Studio Team Services) was released to provide a hosted SaaS service for development teams, Azure DevOps customers have been asking Canarys to be able to import their TFS databases to take advantage of all the great capabilities of Visual Studio Team Services. We are happy to say that we are one of the very few Microsoft Azure DevOps Qualified Partner providing end to end solution for TFS to Azure DevOps migration.
Why migrate to Azure DevOps (VSTS Earlier)from TFS?
If you are already using TFS, it may be beneficial for you to move to Azure DevOps. With Azure DevOps there is no overhead of maintaining infrastructure, no need to upgrade to newer versions of TFS, and more importantly we are not getting missed out on latest features of Azure DevOps. We can help you in the migration, and make sure DevOps pipelines are intact.
Canarys was one of the first few DevOps partners to get hands dirty on this new tool as part of Private Preview program, and now that the tool is publicly available, we can help companies like yours move quickly and reliably from TFS to Azure DevOps. We are proud to be part of a select group of Microsoft Qualified TFS to Azure DevOpsMigration Partners that can work with this new migration tool to help customers move to Azure DevOps quickly and safely.
Throughout the process, we will help you get all the pre-requisites together to prepare you for the migration.
- If you are not on one of TFS’s 2 latest updates (currently TFS 2015 Update 3 or TFS 2017), we will upgrade you to the latest TFS version.
- We will make the collection to be ready to migrate by modifying process templates to suite Azure DevOps process.
- On-premise Azure Active Directory Sync.
- Generate mappings between your on-premises users and Azure AD
- Taking back and restore to Azure Blob storage.
- Execute few commands to push the collection for migration.
- After that, we will be ready to get you to Azure DevOps.
Please find one of our customer story on TFS to Azure DevOps (VSTS Earlier)Migration.
Download Case Study
Every organization who have migrated into Azure DevOps (VSTS Earlier)are enjoying the benefits like
- Simplified server management.
- Immediate access to the latest and greatest features (Microsoft release new updates every 3 weeks)
- Improved connectivity with remote sites.
- A transition from capital expenditures (servers and the like) to operational expenditures (subscriptions) to mention a few.
- With CI & CD, Build-Deploy-Test process is automated. Free build service in Azure DevOps helps in cutting down infrastructure cost to some extent.
- Features like automated load testing, team room collaboration facilitate teams avoiding last minute bottlenecks and creating real time scenarios.
Contact our TFS to Azure DevOps (VSTS earlier) Migration experts for any TFS Upgradations or to Azure DevOps Migration related enquiries